Jump Start on CPD 2018
Friday, March 9, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm via Webinar
(Original course: December 8, 2017)
Who should attend: Civil litigators who wish to move beyond the basics and master the finer points of working with the BC Supreme Court rules.
Learning level: Intermediate
Knowledge of the BC Supreme Court rules is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition to being a great civil litigator. Being effective as counsel requires an in-depth knowledge of the rules in practice and how to best utilize them in any given context. There are many nuances in Supreme Court Civil Practice which depend on a critical understanding of how a file can be expeditiously moved toward a satisfactory resolution. In this course, you will learn an arsenal of practice "secrets" that experienced counsel apply time and again. This "beyond the basics" level course will blend black letter law, practice tips, best practices, and words of wisdom from seasoned practitioners. Join us to focus on what you need to know to maximize your effectiveness and raise your level of practice in the increasingly challenging area of civil litigation.
At this course you will learn:
- high-level litigation best practices from judges and senior civil litigators
- advanced litigation skills such as managing relations with difficult clients, supercharging your legal writing, dealing with lay litigants, effective use of the "New Rules", and practicing in other provinces
- substantive law in important and sometimes overlooked facets of litigation practice: litigation with receivers, pre-trial injunctions, and jurisdictional defenses
- advanced advocacy skills which you can put to use immediately
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
David A. Crerar — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP, Vancouver
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Register by Feb 5
After Feb 5
|Webinar Rebroadcast Articled Student
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 per day for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer